Residential Cabin - SHIRLEY
With 270 sqm of usable internal space the SHIRLEY is the largest log cabin building in our range - two floors of HOMELY design, with a total of FOUR bedrooms plus TWO bathrooms and heaps of living space.
The outside charm of the SHIRLEY welcomes you every time you come home, putting a spring into your step the moment you get out of your car.
Note that the image on the left shows the round log version, the Australian version comes in 140mm thick solid timber logs or 134mm "gluelam" engineered logs.
The large double width entry doors open up into the open plan living, dining and kitchen area. A central hallway in the rear provides access to a bedroom on the left, the bathroom / sauna on the right as well as separate toilet.
Saunas are very popular in the colder European regions, but enjoy only limited popularity in Australia. The internal sauna fit out is therefore NOT included in your standard SHIRLEY log home kit, but can be ordered as an extra. We suggest to utilise the space for a spa bath, and to leave out the internal divider walls and door of the sauna space.
Alternatively, this space could also be used as an office space or hobby / craft room - we are always happy to discuss your individual requirements.
The central hallway leads to a backyard door, as well as the staircase to the upper floor.
|Area||Living / Dining / Kitchen||Bedroom||Toilet||Bathroom||Sauna||Hallway||Decking||Total Ground Floor Area|
|Area sqm||41.6 m2||19.9 m2||1.8 m2||12.5 m2||4.6 m2||14.6 m2||65.3 m2||95 m2 plus decks|
|Internal Size||9.7 x 4.3m||3.8 x 5.2m||1.8 x 1.0m||3.8 x 3.3m||1.9 x 2.4m||2.8 x 5.2m||"L" shape||160.3 m2 incl. decks|
The single staircase leads onto a large hallway providing access to three more bedrooms and an extra large bathroom.
The two larger bedrooms have access doors to the front balcony, so you can enjoy the outdoors from your bedroom (note that the measurements on the drawing on the left are incorrect - please refer to the table below for correct sizes).
The rear bedroom is opposite the large bathroom, the hallway still provides enough space to create a small reading corner for you to retreat and enjoy a cuppa.
|Area||Landing / Hallway||Bedroom||Bedroom||Bedroom||Bathroom||Balcony||Total First Floor Area|
|Area sqm||10.3 m2||19.9 m2||23.3 m2||17.9 m2||19.1 m2||14.6 m2||95.2 m2 plus balcony|
|Internal Size||5.3 x 2.8/1.4m||5.2 x 3.8m||5.3 x 4.4m||4.2 x 4.2m||5.2 x 3.8m||1.8 x 9.7m||109.9 m2 incl. balcony|
- The video above shows the overseas round log version called PRIIT, the Australian version is called SHIRLEY and comes in 140mm solid timber rectangle logs.
- Due to it's enormous size the SHIRLEY in the Australian version also comes in 134mm "gluelam" engineered logs (please contact us for current pricing).
- Internal Wall Insulation Kit NOW INCLUDED WITH ALL RESIDENTIAL CABINS - click for more information
- Double Glazed Windows and Solid Pine Core Doors - click for more information
- Timber Log Walls are pre-drilled floor-to ceiling for electrical leads as per your instructions
- Individual requirements and preferences for external decking / patios / verandas vary from site to site - so you can add to the decks supplied if you like
- Colorbond Roofing and or roof insulation / sisalation is not included but can easily be sourced locally to suit your preferred colour
- Cabin Kits normally come with softwood floorboards not suitable to Australian conditions and should be replaced with StructaFloor / TermiFloor tongue-and-groove particle board flooring, giving you a huge choice of floor finishes (carpet, floating timber floors, laminates, vinyls, tiles etc).