Your new log cabin will always cost less than any conventional "stick-and-brick" construction home!
There are so many advantages of a solid timber log building (i.e. speed of construction, internal lining included, top quality throughout etc) - PLUS you will be saving money.
All prices quoted on this website (where applicable) are in Australian Dollars ex-factory Europe, shipping costs need to be added as our manufacturers are located half way around the globe, namely in the Baltic States of Europe (Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania).
As a general rule allow approx $10,000 to $16,000 for a 40ft container to be shipped from Europe all the way to your building site (but again this varies quite a lot depending on the location of your building site!). If you choose a small or medium sized cabin than "your" container could be shared with other cabins, resulting in a much lesser freight component! In any case you will only ever pay exactly what we get charged from our customs agent and other import-related authorities and freight companies - with copies of invoices supplied, we think that this is the fairest system for everyone!
Our single room cabins range between $8,500 and $9,900 and our Residential Cabins from $10,000 to $160,000 - within the same model you than also have the choice between different styles of windows and doors, as well as thickness and shape of the solid gluelam logs. Prices for cabins we have in stock will be quoted all-up, incl. the international freight component as we already know the exact cost of getting these into the country!
To work out shipping costs is actually quite straight forward once you have decided what cabin model suits you best. We found that the "mystique" of the actual process to get your new cabin to you fades into insignificance when compared to the excitement you will experience while planning your new built, and this will become even more so once you actually start building!
Typically, getting your very own solid timber log building would look like this (keeping in mind that we are always there for you every step of the way!):
1) Check our website and work out which model would suit you best
2) Decide if you are happy with the suggested ground plan OR customise one of the models you find on this site OR design a cabin yourself - we love to help and create the log cabins of your dreams!
3) Contact us to share your ideas, designs and dreams and we will provide you with an accurate quote and anticipated delivery time
4) We will provide you with a detailed list of what is included with your solid timber log building, and what is not, as well as an estimate of the shipping costs
5) Decide that you want to go ahead and place a pro-forma order with us
6) We will issue you an invoice for the plans and any other technical drawings you might require - usually between $500 and $1,500
7) We will provide you with the plans which you can than use to get the relevant approvals from your local building authorities (Council etc).
8) Once you inform us that approvals have been obtained we will send you an invoice for the total amount (excluding shipping costs)
9) We place the order with our factory once you paid 50% of the total invoice amount
10) We will keep you fully informed about the anticipated dispatch date of your new timber building
11) You pay the other 50% of the total amount after factory has confirmed that your timber log building is ready for shipment at the factory
12) We will provide you with an updated quote for international shipping
13) Your cabin leaves the factory in a shipping container (Who-o-hoo!) - we will keep you fully informed about the anticipated delivery date of your new timber building
14) You pay the freight charges as and when they become due
15) Your new solid timber log building arrives at your site! (another Who-o-hoo!)
What is required with regards to building permits varies from area to area, so it's best to check with Council and/or a private certifier prior to ordering your cabin, we are always here to help.