NEW FOR 2020/21 - INCLUDES INTERNAL WALL INSULATION KIT!
Residential Cabin - LARS
Like all our residential log cabins the LARS is available in a range of structurally certified rectangle GluLam Logs (see prices further down).
The LARS cabin is a great example of a classic compact timber log cabin with high pitched roof. It has a loft and an open void providing a feeling of spaciousness despite the cabin’s relatively small size of overall 80sqm and a footprint of only 64sqm (8x8 meters).
The large double entrance door leads directly into the open plan kitchen, living and dining area. A hallway leads to the rear door of the building allowing easy access to your backyard.
On either side of the corridor are a bathroom and a bedroom both measuring 3.6meters square (7.2sqm). The positioning of these two is interchangeable according to your preferred layout.
The decking shown is not included with your LARS, as your requirements will depend on your site and your personal design ideas.
A basic ladder comes with your LARS to access the upper floor loft, where you will find one very large open room of just under 22sqm. To comply with Australian Building Regulations a staircase with handrails to access the upper floor might need to replace the basic ladder.
This space has full-height ceiling in the center only, the roof slopes down on both sides (see slide show for more details and internal images - note: show a "round log" version of the LARS).
|Area||Living / Dining||Bedroom 1||Bedroom 2||Bathroom||Hallway||Total Floor Area|
|Area sqm||37.28 m2||21.91 m2||7.28 m2||7.28 m2||6.16 m2||79.91 m2|
|Internal Size||4.8 x 7.7m||2.8 x 7.8m||2.7 x 2.7m||2.7 x 2.7m||2.7 x 2.3m|
|Glulam Log Size||Log Shape||$ Ex European Factory incl. GST|
|(w) 92 x (h) 160 mm||rounded outside||$63,350|
|(w) 92 x (h) 144 mm||rectangle||$58,990|
|(w) 134 x (h) 180 mm||rectangle||$81,550|
|(w) 152 x (h) 185 mm||rectangle||$84,790|
- The video above shows the "Round Log" version of the LARS - the Australian version comes in solid Glulam timber logs with a minimum thickness of 92mm.
- Internal Wall Insulation Kit NOW INCLUDED WITH ALL RESIDENTIAL CABINS - click for more information
- Double Glazed Windows and Solid Pine Core Doors - click for more information
- To comply with Australian Building Regulations a staircase with handrails to access the upper floor might need to be sourced to replace the basic ladder
- Internal Timber Log Walls are pre-drilled floor-to-ceiling for electrical leads as per your instructions
- Individual requirements and preferences for external decking / patios / verandas vary from site to site and are therefore not included in your cabin kit
- Colorbond Roofing and or roof insulation / sisalation is not included but can easily be sourced locally to suit your preferred colour
- Cabin Kits normally come with softwood floorboards not suitable to Australian conditions and should be replaced with StructaFloor / TermiFloor tongue-and-groove particle board flooring, giving you a huge choice of floor finishes (carpet, floating timber floors, laminates, vinyls, tiles etc).