NEW FOR 2021/22 - INCLUDES INTERNAL WALL INSULATION KIT!
Residential Cabin - HUGH
Like all our residential log cabins the HUGH is available in a range of structurally certified rectangle GluLam Logs (see prices further down).
With 234 sqm of usable internal space the HUGH is one of the largest log cabin buildings in our range - two floors of clever design, with an open loft above the living room giving the HUGH a cathedral type roof height.
There are two main entrance doors from the front veranda - one main leads into the living and formal dining area, the other one gives access to the kitchen and dining / family room.
A corridor connects these two living spaces as well as providing access to the two downstairs bed rooms and a bathroom. There is also a double width door that opens to a deck or terrace.
A spiral staircase leads from the downstairs living room to the upper floor.
Note that the images on the left shows the European round log version.
|Area||Living / Formal Dining||Kitchen / Family Room||Bedroom||Bedroom||Bathroom||Hallway||Decking||Total Ground Floor Area|
|Area sqm||44.0 m2||19.2 m2||17.9 m2||16.0 m2||6.0 m2||15.2 m2||31.1 m2||118.3 m2 plus decks|
|Internal Size||8.2 x 5.4m||3.0 x 6.4m||4.6 x 3.9m||4.1 x 3.9m||2.5 x 2.4m||"L" shape||4.5 x 2.8m + 2.9 x 6.5m||149.4 m2 incl. decks|
The single staircase leads onto a large landing with timber balustrade to the loft from the downstairs living room.
A door leads into a huge bedroom with enough space for several beds - or you might like to add divider walls to create separate spaces - totally up to you (all cabin design can be altered to suit your needs!).
And to really enjoy your cosy upstairs area a balcony invites you to relax outdoors and enjoy what mother nature has to offer.
There is also a small room off the balcony to allow you to store your outdoor furniture etc out of the elements.
|Area||Landing / Office / Loft||Sleeping Loft||Balcony||Utility||Total First Floor Area|
|Area sqm||18.7 m2||45.6 m2||13.1 m2||6.9 m2||71.2 m2 plus balcony|
|Internal Size||3.0 x 6.2m||5.7 x 8.0m||5.7 x 2.3m||3.0 x 2.3m||84.3 m2 incl. balcony|
- The video above shows the "Round Log" version of the HUGH - the Australian version comes in solid Glulam timber logs with a minimum thickness of 92mm.
- Internal Wall Insulation Kit NOW INCLUDED WITH ALL RESIDENTIAL CABINS - click for more information
- Double Glazed Windows and Solid Pine Core Doors - click for more information
- Internal Timber Log Walls are pre-drilled floor-to-ceiling for electrical leads as per your instructions
- Individual requirements and preferences for external decking / patios / verandas vary from site to site - so you can add to the decks supplied if you like
- Colorbond Roofing and or roof insulation / sisalation is not included but can easily be sourced locally to suit your preferred colour
- Cabin Kits normally come with softwood floorboards not suitable to Australian conditions and should be replaced with StructaFloor / TermiFloor tongue-and-groove particle board flooring, giving you a huge choice of floor finishes (carpet, floating timber floors, laminates, vinyls, tiles etc).