Garden Shed - SAMMY 5
The SAMMY 5 is the larger brother of the SAMMY 3 - it has a footprint of 12sqm which means that you will need to get Council approval for erecting one of these in your backyard. However, this is more or less a formality, and there are some rules you need to follow anyway so it's always a good idea to check with your local planning scheme.
The SAMMY 5 is very strongly built, and the solid timber logs allow you to easily fit out the inside with whatever you desire. Suitable for far more uses than just storing your every-day variety of garden tools (though the SAMMY 5 does that, too!!). How about an artist's studio? A teenagers break-out room? A LEGO cave? Or the workshop you always wanted....
The slide show below shows a few different versions of the SAMMY 5.
In March / April 2020 we started building our little display village in Mullumbimby, NSW North Coast.
The slide show on the left shows the SAMMY 5 built - noting that we opted to build this cabin on a metal skid (similar to the TORSTEN we are also going to build soon). All our cabins can be built on any proper foundation - concrete or a raised platform made out of steel or timber are all fine.
More images to come once the decking and the balustrade are finished!
- The SAMMY 5 has a foot print of more than 10 sqm, meaning that it can only be erected with Council approval, depending on your area.
- Double Glazed Windows and Solid Pine Core Doors - click for more information
- Individual requirements and preferences for external decking / patios / verandas vary from site to site and are therefore not included in your backyard shed kit
- Colorbond Roofing is not included and can easily be sourced locally in your chosen colour
- Backyard Sheds normally come with softwood floorboards not suitable to Australian conditions (not included in your cabin kit), we recommend to replace these with StructaFloor / TermiFloor tongue-and-groove particle board flooring,